Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving in TX

Hi there! I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving... I did :) I went home to Dallas to see my family which was really nice. Lucky for me, I have never been a huge fan of the food at Thanksgiving (with the exception of apple pie) so the meal itself was not a temptation nor did I feel any resentment that I could not gorge myself like many do on the holiday. Though thanksgiving itself was not a temptation, I did eat out alot over the week meeting up with friends and family... even though I did not always make the best choices food wise, I did not eat alot and almost always put half my food in a box at the get go. Needless to say however, I did not lose any weight over the break :( I did maintain though which is important because I exercised everyday but one. Here is a picture I took in my room in TX because I was feeling rather cute that day :)



The indoor pools were mostly closed during the week due to the holiday, but I did manage to get two days of swimming laps in. On one of the days my old diving team was practicing at the same pool I was at and I saw that a girl I used to dive with is now one of the coaches... I had not seen her since I was 13 years old and she did not recognize me at first. I told her I could still dive even at my weight and she smiled and clearly did not believe me. She told me to prove it so I got up on the 3m diving board and did a pike one and half and the entire pool cheered... I haven't felt that rush of excitement/nervousness since the last time I competed at a diving meet! Needless to say, I felt pretty damn cool.

On the days I could not swim I walked for an hour with my Mom which was really nice... the weather in TX was nice and warm (high 70s) which was perfect for walks. I got to see my sister for the first time in almost a year which was awesome and my Grandma Beth flew in for the holiday too. I am really excited because while I was home my little cousin made plans to fly and come see me in late december and learn how to ski.

Anyway, now I am just getting back in the swing of working long days again after a nice week long break. I unfortunately have a little cold and have felt kind of crummy since monday... I was actually supposed to get a fill of saline at my doc on tuesday but overslept and missed it :( They don't have another appointment available until Dec.19th, so I am just going to have to suck it up and really buckle down on my calorie budget until then. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, Ill be back on next week (and hopefully with some good weight loss news :)

3 comments:

  1. you do look super cute in that pic! glad you had a nice thanksgiving. Good luck on waiting for your fill. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline! You inspired me to start my blog :) please go check it out! Any advice on making it prettier would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colleen! Hollee: email me (clritter.colorado@gmail.com) and I can tell you how to make your blog pretty :)

      Delete

Add a comment!!