Thursday, March 7, 2013

Finally, an Update!

Hello all,
My lack of blog posts is atrocious and I apologize to those that follow my blog! While not an excuse, grad school (commuting an hour each way to get there) and 2 jobs has kept me ridiculously busy. As far as an update, I am now 227lbs woohoo which is 4lbs less than last time I blogged AND the lowest weight I have been since my freshman year of college. I turned 25 in January which was fun because I spent it celebrating with friends in a cabin in Estes Park. Grad school has been amazing so far, but ALOT of work and many many hours spent studying, reading, and doing homework. Having said that, I have not been getting alot of swimming/exercise in because I have been so busy! I have been walking quite a bit because the campus (CU Denver) is pretty spread out and I take the baby I nanny on walks, but I need to set more time aside for going to the gym and getting in some good cardio.

I was doing well as far as my eating regime goes, until about a week and a half ago when I had an exam, midterm essay, powerpoint presentation, AND a 10 page paper all due in the same day. I got really stressed out and made some really poor nutritional choices throughout the week. Since then, I have had a hard time resisting sweets and bad food because I allowed myself to have it all last week :( Therefore, I went to GNC today and got a 7 day vitamin cleanse that should help detox my system of all of the nasty sweets and sodium and junk, and get me back on the right track. I found out today that I am going on a free trip to Israel (Birthright Israel) in May which is also extra new motivation! I want to look good in Israel as well as be comfortable (the plane seats are standard size AND it will be hot as hell= thigh rubbage!).

I am going to the doc next week for a checkup and a fill of saline which should also help. My focus was shifted solely on school for the past month or so, but now I am going to make sure to fit in time to exercise as well as not screw up (or as often) on my food choices! I hope you all are well and I will post again with an update next week :)

4 comments:

  1. Well done!! That's 91 pounds down and very close to 100 pounds lost, which with some determination you should get to next month. So you will have lost almost 100 pounds when you reach your one year anniversary! Very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're doing well! Your 1 year bandiversary came and went without a post?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline, I am taking the steps necessary to get banded - hopefully in September. Just wanted to say that your blog has been very motivating, thank you for sharing your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article ...Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    Some tips for Training a puppy

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!