Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pool, Flu, and OFFICIALLY 50LBS DOWN!! :)

Hello there!

Like many other places in the country, it was raining cats and dogs for weeks here in Colorado. This was such a bummer because it was supposed to be the start of summer! Luckily, the rain gave in and the sunshine and warm weather came out 2 weeks ago like someone suddenly hit a light switch, and it was gorgeous, glorious summer. My gym opened their outdoor pool over memorial day, so I have been taking full advantage of it and swimming laps almost every day I can. Some days though, it will rain/thunderstorm towards the end of the day (when I end up getting there after work) and they will close down the pool which is a bummer because the indoor pool is currently closed for renovations. In these cases, I now just make sure to have alternate workout clothes and sneakers in my car so when this happens I can go lift weights or do the treadmill or elliptical. One night I showed up and there was a swim team using all the lap lanes so I waited around enjoying the sunshine figuring I would swim laps when they were done. However, I saw that a shallow water aerobics class was starting up so I decided to join that. I normally despise shallow water aerobics (I am a deep water aerobics girl!), but this teacher was amazing, had GREAT music, and I swear I have never had a water aerobics class that kept my heart rate up as much the entire class as this one. It was great and I am going to try to make attending it a habit! My tan lines are already crazy because I wear 3 different swimsuits so I am going to have to figure out how to even it all out before the wedding in my strapless wedding dress haha!

Outdoor pool finally open! Hooray!

On a less positive note, I am sick again :( This time, I tested positive for the freaking FLU! :( I can't tell you how frustrated I am that I get sick so often… especially because I eat pretty healthy these days, take a MILLION supplements (as we bariatric patients must), take emergen-c immune boost packets, am active, and wash my hands a million times a day! Granted I nanny for a 10 month old that gets sick pretty often (and the parents usually have me with him even when he is sick) so sometimes I get sick from him, but there have been quite a few other times this year (strep 3 times and now the flu) that have nothing to do with him :(. I feel like I have been hit by a bus… chills, sweats, horrible body aches, headaches, really bad cough and runny nose, and exhaustion. I got diagnosed and got tamiflu on sunday, but so far have not seen a lot of improvement. Heres to hoping I get better in a few days!

Lastly… drum roll…. I have officially lost 50lbs since January as of today :) I weighed in at 248.4lbs and I am thrilled. The weight is coming off a little slower than I had hoped, but nonetheless it is coming off and that makes me happy. I still struggle with head hunger, but know that will take time to conquer and just need to listen to my stomach and body and ignore my brain when it comes to food right now!

248.4lbs baby! 50 pounds down since January… BOO YA!

Hope you all have had a great start to summer and are enjoying the warmer weather. I am going to go back into my blanket fort and watch some netflix again before sleeping another 10 hours because I feel like death, but hope this damn flu goes away soon!

Warmly
Caroline


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're sick again :( You should really consider having your tonsils removed... no, it doesn't prevent strep completely or other non-tonsil related infections, but I swear I've been so much healthier since getting them out 11 years ago! My doctor says that tonsils trap bacteria that can make us sick... sure we can still get sick without them, but the tonsils aren't there to facilitate it. FEEL BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollee, I am feeling quite a bit better today which is good. Yes, I definitely need those suckers out and wanted to do it this summer but my nanny job wouldn't allow me to take 2 weeks off (and to take 2 weeks off financially with the wedding coming up would have been hard too). I am going to try to get them out in December over winter break!

      Delete
  2. We also had a crappy start to our summer. This week is much better. Unfortunately I overdid it Monday and got burned. Awesome...But I'd take sunburn over the flu any day. Sorry to hear you are sick. Hopefully you'll get some weight loss out of it. LOL. Congrats on the 50lb loss. You should be so proud of your success!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!