Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Stomach Virus, Hot Springs, and Weigh In

Hey there!
So last week I got a horrific stomach virus that put me out of commission for a few days (the baby I nanny for and the mother of the baby also got it). It was scary at first because I started vomiting (obviously huge no no with recent surgery) so I immediately got myself to urgent care and got a prescription for zofran to stop the vomiting. While this helped, I was still miserable, nauseous, and sick in um… other ways… for 3 and  half days. Not fun, but as my Dad jokingly quotes from the movie "The Devil Wears Prada", you are only one stomach virus away from your goal weight! haha! I did end up dropping 6 pounds from the ordeal, but put back on 2 because I think a lot of it was water weight.

On Saturday, I finally felt better and was able to go out to meet some grad school friends for another tea party at the Denver tea room which was fun. I got a new dress which I love and felt super cute in it :)
New dress!

On Sunday, my fiancé Steve and I decided to go celebrate my perfect 4.0 GPA for all of my graduate coursework with a trip to a nearby hot springs, Indian Hot Springs in Idaho Springs, CO. The place itself was pretty rundown, but the hot springs were nice and it was great to get away, be together, relax, and reconnect.

All grades finally in… perfect 4.0 for every class I have taken in my graduate career!

On our way to the hot springs :)

While I definitely know that the switch from the lap band to the sleeve was most certainly the right decision for my health, I was reminded of my frustrations at times when we were at the hot springs. We went out for dinner to a Mexican place and all I wanted to do was be able to eat 1 whole taco and have a light margarita… of course because of this surgery, I can't do either and it can be frustrating sometimes. I ordered a light margarita and drank about a quarter of it, but then had to stop because my meal came. After getting super full from half a taco, I couldn't even think about trying to finish margarita or would have to have waited at least 30 to 45 min so I wouldn't be sick. It ultimately went to waste... In fact, going out to eat at this point is basically pointless because I am left full after a few bites and just sit there awkwardly wishing I could finish at least half of my meal. On one hand, it is amazing that I can pretty much eat a little bit of whatever I want and have ultimate portion control, but on the other hand I feel so unsatisfied most of the time when I eat because it is so little and my head wants more. Obviously, I do not NEED more and will have to learn to deal with this. 

I did a weigh in this morning and am happy with the results as I clocked in at 253.0 lbs which means I am down 4 pounds from last week. Now that the wedding is literally around the corner (August 9th… I just sent out invitations! Eek!) I am literally more motivated than ever and have tried to be more active in all that I do (work, home, taking doggy for more walks, etc.) in addition to working out. My goal is to now swim laps for an hour at least 4 times a week and do some weights 2 to 3 days a week (my upper arms are so flabby at this point from weight loss and gain and loss and gain that I feel like I have bat wings!!!). 
Down 4 pounds from last week :)

It has been raining for weeks here and the sun finally came out today which was really nice and helps add to my motivation to be outside and be more active in general. Hope you all have had a good week so far, talk to you soon!

Warmly
Caroline




1 comment:

  1. It's funny you mention eating out. I'm going with other people for the first time tonight. They are casual friends and I have no plan of telling them about surgery. I already decided if they say anything I'll just say I had a late lunch. I hear you about eating out! I always try to get stuff that will taste ok reheated because I know I'll have a lot of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!