Wednesday, May 20, 2015

NAMI Walk, Tea Party, Honeymoon, Grades, and Weekly Weigh In

Hi there!
Hope you all had a great week. This past Saturday I participated in a walk for NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) with some of my fellow graduate students to raise funds for this amazing organization. It is an organization that helps thousands of individuals with mental illness in many facets of life and helps families of loved ones with mental illness learn to cope and help. Our team raised $720 for the organization and had fun doing the walk. It was only a mile (which was rather disappointing), so my team walked the course twice.
Walking for NAMI!

Our NAMI walk team!

On Sunday, my friend Morgan had a graduation tea party which was a lot of fun, and I was able to fit back into a fancy party dress I have not worn in two years!! While I was finding the dress, I found all kinds of other summer clothes like shorts, skirts, dresses, and capris, and I fit back into EVERYTHING which is such a great feeling. And it was like going shopping again too because it had been so long since I have worn a lot of those things that I forgot I even owned them :). 
Tea party with my friend Morgan for her graduation

Pinkies up!

I weighed in this morning at 257.2lbs, which was a bit disappointing. This means I lost around a pound and a half over the last week, which although the scale is moving in the right direction, is not the number I had hoped for. It just goes to show how important exercise is in the grand scheme of everything for me. As I blogged last week, it was difficult to get decent exercise in because I was working two jobs and basically on the clock 24/7. The baby I nanny for no longer lives right near the nice lake which was 2.5 miles around that we used to walk, and it was rainy all week. We got some walks in at the mall, but not the same effect as power-walking outside or swimming laps. This is just a motivator to work harder this week and get some good exercise in!! 

About a pound and a half down from last week

Lastly, STEVE AND I ARE GOING ON A HONEYMOON!! I am so excited because we were not planning on going on a honeymoon for a while due to a lack of finances. We were utterly shocked and overwhelmed with joy when we got a call this Saturday that Steve's Aunt and Uncle bought us 4 nights 5 days and airfare to an all inclusive hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico right after the wedding! I am so excited and can't wait to snorkel, swim, relax, and be on the beach all day :) Even better, the resort is one that a few of my friends have been to before and loved it so much they have now been twice! Hooray!

I am waiting on one last grade to be officially published (although I know it is an A because have added up my points etc.), and I am excited and proud to announce that I have maintained a perfect 4.0 throughout my entire graduate coursework career. As long as I get an A in practicum and internship (graded based on improvement as a therapist etc.), I will graduate magna cum laude in the Spring of next year. Hooray!

Life is good :) Here's to working harder this week on exercise to get the numbers on the scale I am hoping for.

Warmly
Caroline 



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Gotta get back on track with my exercise though :) Going to start by swimming laps tonight when I get off work.

      Delete
  2. You're so awesome! I wish I'd cared more about grades in college. Also, I LOVE your tea party dress. I want it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollee! I got it from Torrid… I love that store (just wish they weren't so expensive!!) Hope you are well :)

      Delete

Add a comment!!