Friday, May 15, 2015

The Protein Bar and Walking for NAMI

Hi there!
Hope everyone has been having a great week. I have been very busy going from my usual nanny job straight to spending the night with a kiddo I used to nanny for (who is now 14) while his Mom is out of town, and I am anxious to go home after work today at 3:30pm because I have not been home since tuesday!! I have been getting in good walks with the baby I nanny for all week which has been better than nothing (since I couldn't go to the gym with both gigs all week).

Yesterday, I found an awesome new place to eat on the go called "The Protein Bar"… they offer a ton of great high protein, reasonable calorie, fresh, healthy food options. I ordered their "Healthy Parm" which is a rainbow quinoa blend, their own marinara (very low cal), mozzarella cheese, and shredded chicken. The whole bowl has 390 calories and 36 grams of protein, and since I still get full after 2 to 4oz, it lasted me 3 meals!! Delicious and healthy option for on the go :)
Healthy Parm from the Protein Bar!

Delicious!

I am excited for this weekend because tomorrow I am participating in the NAMI walk with a few of my fellow graduate school peers. NAMI stands for the National Alliance on Mental Illness and is an organization that supports thousands of people currently suffering with a mental illness and their families. I am participicating in this walk to raise money for the organization and have created this fundraising page because NAMI, and the work they do, is very important to me as a future therapist. My team has set out to raise $1000 for the organization through sponsoring our walk, and so far we have raised $670. If anyone has a couple extra bucks they could donate to this incredible organization, that would be amazing and help many. You can sponsor me (donate to organization) by clicking on the following link below! 

Have a great friday!

Warmly
Caroline 

2 comments:

  1. Slowly but surely getting there! Down about 40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. I just looked up locations and none around me. :(

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!