Sunday, June 22, 2014

Back to Colorado!

Hi all,
I had a really great trip back home to Texas… I ended up swimming 4 days out of the 6 I was there which is much better than I have been doing in previous weeks. I worked up to 45 minutes and plan on moving up to 55 min next week. I was even able to swim a full lap of butterfly which my Dad got on video :) (YES, even big girls can butterfly!!)

I am also really proud of myself and the food choices I made while in Texas… although I was NOT planning on eating out again with my Uncle and cousin, I did end up eating at the restaurant because I was a dummy and did not pack myself enough food for the day. BUT I choose a light choice option which was under 600 calories (and delicious!) and did not even finish it all… grilled chicken with some pasta. I still ended up being at around 1200 calories for the day which is awesome. I did end up getting some tex mex (which is a must for me when I am at home at some point) but only ate one taco and was totally satisfied (sans lap band I could easily kill 4 and queso and margaritas etc…). I have been abstaining from alcohol for now because it is just empty, unnecessary calories. Not to say this will be forever, but for the time being I feel it is necessary to get back on track. I weighed myself in TX last monday and had lost 4.5 pounds since my fill which made me really happy. I will weigh myself again tuesday morning.

I got back to Colorado on thursday night, and then my fiancé's aunt and uncle arrived from Plano, TX to visit for the weekend. We got a cabin up in estes park and have been having a total blast. Today we took them to Rocky Mountain National Park and did the Alberta Falls hike and some other little stuff that added up to about 2 miles total. Gorgeous hike and great workout!
Alberta Falls hike

We barbecued last night and made bison burgers (totally delicious and very lean) so I did that without the bun and some grilled corn on the cob. I really am feeling better every day I make good food choices and look forward to weighing myself again on tuesday to see the results. I hope you all are having a great weekend!

Warmly
Caroline

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! Congrats. I am sure that if you really want to do this that you can. Every day make the right decision and it will happen! Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dad! Love you too… thank you for continued support and encouragement! :)

      Delete
  2. How are you doing? Love dad

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!