Friday, June 13, 2014

Starting from Scratch

It is amazing what a difference 2 and a half cc of saline makes in a lap band… Now that I am filled back up I am on liquids/soft foods until sat night, but I can already feel a huge difference in my band. I have been drinking GNC leanshakes (which are INCREDIBLE for those who have lap band because they have only 170 calories and 25 grams of whey protein) and I made some matzo ball soup last night. When I make matzo ball soup I typically have at least 3-4 matzo balls, but today as I jumped up for another serving after eating 2 small ones, I was already full. I can't tell you how great that feels after being able to eat so much for so long because my band was not tight!

 I started writing in my journal again too. In my journal, I log what I eat, how many grams of protein and calories in the food, how much liquid I drink, exercise for the day, vitamin supplements, calcium, and my overall feelings for the day. This journal is what held me super accountable for two months after surgery, and I am going to use it everyday again. I have not been great about taking vitamins and calcium supplements over the past few months, so I am going to stop at GNC and grab some later today because I have been out for quite some time. Another short term goal is to stop drinking liquid while I eat which is a horrible habit.

I am going to visit my parents in Texas for a week tomorrow and it will be a little rough with this new fill. My favorite food in the whole world is tex-mex and when I go home to Texas, I usually eat out multiple times visiting various friends and family. I need to limit the amount of times I go out to eat next week, as well as realize that I need to be VERY careful and limit the amount of food I now put in my body. It really is like starting over… I have to train my body to live with lap band again. As I mentioned yesterday though, I am excited to swim laps with my Dad. For those of you who do not know, my Dad is an avid cyclist and triathlete and in excellent shape. He (and my mother who is less athletic, but very healthy/slim/watchful of what she puts in her body) are excellent influences on me when I am at home and have always been very encouraging of my weight loss journey (through good times and bad). I hope you all have a nice start to your weekend!

Warmly
Caroline

1 comment:

  1. Try Syntrax Matrix shakes. They taste better and are better nutrition!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!