Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Awesome Visit in TX, Now Back in CO, and Another 2 lbs Down!!

HOORAY! I was a bit weary about getting on the scale when I got home to Colorado on Thursday because my parent's scale messed with my head and told me I was 264! However, my Dad said this was probably because of water retention from flying/traveling etc... I guess he was right because as of this morning I weigh 259 pounds, which is a total of 59 pounds lost! YIPPEEE!


I had a great time in Florida visiting both my Grandpa in Naples then my Grandma in Boca Raton, then I made my way to Dallas to visit my parents, Uncle, and some friends :) It was really nice to spend alot of time with my parents because my Mom took some days off work and my Dad swam laps with me almost every day (when we could time it right). I also went to the Fort Worth Modern Museum of Art with them and saw a Lucian Freud exhibit which was interesting... I particularly liked his nudes and the fact that he painted people of all sizes. While in TX, I went to Forever 21's plus size section and actually bought two dresses which is awesome... I say this because even though they claim to have "plus sizes, their sizing system is crazy and not quite plus size at all! For example, a "1" at most plus sized stores is a size 14-16, where as at Forever 21, a plus size "1" is a size 10-12!!! Needless to say, their largest size is really a 18 (where most plus size places is a 26 or 28) so I have not fit into their clothing in a long time. Feels great! Here is one of the dresses :)

Although I loved my vacation, it is also really nice to be home in CO again with my kitties! Also, the pools in Florida and TX were super hot/not refreshing whatsoever (especially to swim laps in!), so it is nice to be in my cool, crisp, local pool again. I got home on Thursday, and have been a busy bee writing my essay for grad school, applying to find a second part time job, exercising, etc... Yesterday I went on a real hike for the first time since January and it felt AMAZING... Last time I hiked, I was in a lot of pain because of my slipped herniated disc in my back... however, I believe that all of the physical therapy I did a while back at the chiropractor, as well as all of the exercise I have been doing has done it wonders... my back doesn't hurt at all anymore when I hike!! I was able to do 4 miles and it was absolutely beautiful... I did a hike called "Eagle Wind Trail" which is on Rabbit Mountain about 15 minutes away from my house. It is a really cool hike for 2 reasons; 1. The trail is closed March 15- July 15 so that eagles can nest and have their babies... It had just reopened and there were eagles and other huge birds everywhere!! 2. From the hike, you can see both the Flatiron/Foothill mountains AND the Rocky Mountains and where they sort of "meet". It was a great hike and I actually felt physically comfortable doing it, though I was pooped later!! Here are two pics from my hike :)


Anyway, even though I am still doing very well with my weight loss, I think I am going to go back to my Doc and get one more fill of saline to make my band a bit tighter... if it turns out being too tight I can always have some taken out! I hope everyone is enjoying summer... I will write more soon!

3 comments:

  1. Love the dress and the pretty shoes. Your hiking accounts remind me of things I never did.N.Y.C. Keep up the good work.Love, Grandma P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jag and Grandma Paula :)

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!