Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Crazy Mountain Adventures, Another Pound Down, and Fill Tomorrow!!

WHOO I have not been this physically exhausted in a LONG LONG time!! Today I did the Blue Lake Trail which was a 6 mile hike with my best friend and it was definitely challenging... it was raining off and on, it was relatively steep most of the way up, but BOY was it rewarding! I am so proud of myself that I did it and am so grateful to Keren for being patient with me (she is a super hiker and would normally hike much much faster). I have not felt this in shape in a really long time, and it feels wonderful. On the hike we saw marmots (giant rat/beaver like creatures?) which I had never seen before and many a chipmunk... Once we got to the top it was absolutely breathtaking and totally worth it. Blue Lake is certainly named that for a good reason! Though you cannot tell from the pictures below, it is the most crystal clear blue lake I have ever seen... it is the runoff straight from a glacier. I was convinced I would definitely want to swim in it after being so hot and tired, but could barely keep my hand in the water for more than ten seconds! It was the coldest water I have ever felt.. I think if one were to drink it they would probably get a major brain freeze! Everything about the hike was great until I totally fell down in a giant, slushy, gooey mud puddle on the way down :(... I was freezing and wet and grumpy and very muddy to say the least. BUT to my credit I was laughing hysterically when it happened because I was seriously covered in mud on one side, and at least I did not get hurt PHEW. If I am up to it, Keren and I might go up to the same area to hike again (on a different trail) because the $9 fee we paid to get in is good for 3 days :)



So I weighed myself this morning before the hike and I am down another pound (now weighing in at 258) which is great! I had hoped for more this week considering how much I have been hiking, but not every week can be stellar weight loss... what matters is that the scale is going in the right direction! So I am now officially 60 pounds down from where I started and it feels amazing... the more I lose the healthier I feel and more motivated I become!

I am still off of work (paid) for another week or so and have been actively looking for a second part time job for when the boy I nanny is in school... I had an interview at Le Peep (a breakfast place) to be a server, but they needed me full time immediately which I could not do because in another week I will be full time with Cody (the boy I nanny) until he goes back to school August 14 :/ However, I landed an interview at a pre-school to be a teaching assistant! My interview is on Friday morning and I would LOVE to get this job.... the hours are perfect with my schedule for when Cody is in school, and I love working with toddlers :) Wish me luck!

Lastly, I am going to my bariatric doc tomorrow to get another small saline fill in my band to restrict my food intake a bit more... hopefully he will be happy with the results I have had since my last fill, but I think I can still do better with a bit more saline! Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great week... I will write more later :)

1 comment:

  1. Great results and great exercise habits. You swim more than I do! And the results are all going in the right direction! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!