Monday, July 2, 2012

Sun Kissed Bliss!

I arrived in Naples, FL to visit my Grandpa for a few days and have been having a total blast :) We have gone to the beach everyday which is awesome... I got spoiled last year because I found tons of cool creatures such as sting rays, crabs, etc... but this year there have been a few tropical storms so all I found were a few sea slugs in conch shells and a hermit crab or too. Today I went kayaking (BOY what a workout!!) and went through a section called "Clam Pass" which is surrounded by Mangrove trees which was really cool... I saw all kinds of birds and animals there! My Grandpa doesn't get in the ocean until its at least 90 degrees, but he has come in the pool everyday afterwards with me which has been great. Even though the pool temp says it is 91, he says he feels "chilled" when he gets in!! LOL

The first day I was here I swam laps for an hour in the pool, but the other days I have swam alot or kayaked so I have mostly done water aerobics in the pool. Needless to say I have been getting alot exercise which is great. I have also completely stuck to my calorie limit and got all of my protein in etc... which is awesome. We went out to dinner last night at this DELICIOUS Italian place called "Bravo!" and I had a fabulous meal... they don't normally do half portions of the chicken parmesan but made one special just for me. What a treat! I am excited to weigh myself when I go to TX next week because judging by how loose my pants are fitting, I think I have lost at least a pound and a half in the past few days. I would weigh myself here, but I really only trust my scale at home and the scale at my parents house because they are both incredibly accurate and digital (and expensive!).

My Grandpa is super generous and bought me a New Balance HRT slim watch which is something I have wanted for a very long time and I am excited to start using it. The watch measures how many calories I burn, my heart rate, steps, speed, distance, you name it! I am curious to see how many calories my watch says I will burn during my swimming versus what my estimates based on online calculators are.

I feel like I just got here and am sad to leave my Grandpa's tomorrow, but am also excited to get to spend some time with my Grandma in Boca Raton for a few days. Anyway, here is a picture of an awesome piece of coral I found swimming in the ocean yesterday... I am pretty tan from just a few days in Florida!! (BTW I have been using lots of sunblock at least SPF30 and if you are reading this Grandpa, I wish you would wear sunblock too!! *COUGH COUGH*)
Will write more later!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. the pleasure is all mine, I only wish your visit was longer. we'll have plan another trip soon. Lots a love, grandpa

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!