Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another Pound Down, Florida Bound, Learning Curve, And the whole state of CO is on fire :(

Weighed in yesterday and am another pound day... yay. A little disappointing since I usually clock in at  least 2 pounds down a week, but as long as the scale is going in the right direction I am happy. At least I know that I am doing my best and swimming every day, so that is all I can do :) Anyway, last Friday night was a relatively new experience for me because it was the first time I truly "overate" for my band and felt very very sick for almost a day afterwards... I was lucky that I did not throw up or anything, but it was a good lesson in eating very slowly even when I am super hungry because if I eat too much (even just a bit) it is very very uncomfortable. Part of the learning curve and working on listening to my body as much as possible!

Tomorrow is my last day of nannying until August and I have the month of July off and PAID :) AWESOME! I am leaving on a red eye Thurs night to go to Florida to visit my Grandparents and am really excited to see them and hang out at the beach. My old swimsuit crapped out because I ripped a rather large hole in it going down the slide at the pool, but I luckily found a Speedo that fits and was on sale at Sports Authority for $50! Size 18! This is much smaller than a few months ago to say the least! After Florida for a week, I am going to TX to visit my parents and friends for 6 days which will be nice. I am going to swim laps with my Dad at the neighborhood pool like we used to do when I was a kid :) I always used to try to race him and never actually beat him... maybe someday!

On a sad note, the whole freaking state of Colorado is on fire and it is SUPER scary and sad... There are over 6 major fires going on all over the state and most are no where near contained. My Uncle lives in Colorado Springs and he was evacuated today because his house is only about a mile and a half from the fire :( I truly hope the fire misses his neighborhood. I have the utmost respect for all of the brave firefighters out there working around the clock to try to contain all of these fires and save people's homes from damage, especially when it is over 100 degrees every day! The conditions couldn't be worse... dry dry dry, HOT HOT HOT, and windy. A fire started in Boulder yesterday (I am SAFE, I actually live in Longmont which is 20 minutes away from Boulder) in the Flatiron Mountains from a lightening strike and I can literally see the smoke plume from my house. PLEASE send good thoughts and prayers Colorado's way because we need all we can get.

Anyway, I will post from Florida soon!



1 comment:

  1. Some weeks it might be a pound and other weeks more. Remember the less you weight the less you will probably lose. But stay the course and exercise and soon enough you will be where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!