Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Another 2 Pounds Down :)

Alrrriggghttt! Today was weigh in day and I am another 2 pounds down from last week which is awesome. I have been swimming laps every day consistently for 10 days now which feels really great... I have also upped my swimming time to an hour of laps each day instead of 30-45 minutes :) It is amazing that a few months ago, I had a hard time swimming laps for 20 minutes straight!! I am still also swimming/splashing around with Cody at the pool almost everyday during work as well, so I am definitely not for lack of pool time. It has been RECORD high temperatures for my area in Colorado the past week, so what better way to cool off! 

Unfortunately there is a HUGE forest fire about an hour away from where I live that is still only 50 percent contained... this is so sad because the fire started June 9th! It has destroyed over 189 homes so far too :( I think I am going to drive up there are donate some of my older larger clothing to that area... maybe some of the evacuees/people who lost their homes need clothing. 

On a lighter note, I am now continuing to find clothes in my closet that I haven't fit into in almost 2 or 3 years that now fit again and it feels INCREDIBLE. I know I have a very long way to go, but I am proud of what I have achieved so far. I am excited to visit my grandparents in Florida and parents in TX in about a week and a half... I can't wait to hit the beach! I still need to find a second job, so will start looking intensely when I get back. Not much else is new for now, but I will write more soon :) 

3 comments:

  1. Very great progress on your swimming! When you ar hear we can go swimming. Also in Florida you can actually do laps in Boca Wood's pool at the clubhouse. It's only 18 yards, but if you don't push off the sides it's not bad for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would love to go swimming with you at the Bent Creek Pool like we used to before school when I was a kid :) I am also excited to swim in the ocean (not laps really, but still moving around!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline,

    I am so proud of you for your determnation and dedication to reaching a healthy weight! You are and always have been a beautiful young lady inside and out . . . being a healthy one will be a real bonus! Hope you have time to give Michael a call when you come home to visit your parents. I know how precious your time will be when you are here but we would love to hear from you.

    Hugs,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!