Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Is it August Already?! Camping Trip and 4 Pounds Down

Hello! Sorry for the delay in postings... I have been a busy bee the past two weeks! I went to my bariatric doc a week and a half ago and got another fill of saline (1cc) so I now have a total of 7.2 cc in my band. It was a great doc appointment and the nurse who did my fill said I am like the "poster child" for lapband patients and was very impressed by how well I am doing with my weight loss! It doesn't come easy, and it helps tremendously that I exercise almost every day... Feeling great! This was the first time since I have been getting saline fills that I have truly felt a big difference when I eat (as far as getting full very quicklu) and I am also finally not hungry really at all in between meals which is great... this has already paid off big time because I have lost a total of 4 pounds in the last two weeks making my total weight loss 64 pounds! WOOHOO!

I went camping with my boyfriend this past week at Colorado National Monument which is in Fruita, CO (right near the border of CO and Utah), and it was truly incredible... It was only a 5 hour drive from where I live and well worth it! However, It was tremendously hot with no shade, so even though Steve and I had planned on doing a 4 mile hike, we settled for a few short hikes instead. The canyon and all of the natural formations were formed from erosion from water thousands of years ago... nature is amazing! After camping, we drove through and hung out in Pallasade, CO which is orchard/vineyard central... I tried mead for the first time! We also got some AMAZING rocky mountain peaches... YUM.



I interviewed to be a preschool teaching assistant and was anxiously awaiting to hear if I had gotten the job or not, and the woman finally emailed me yesterday to let me know that she had chosen someone else :( I am super bummed, but the email she sent me was incredibly nice... She had interviewed 14 people and it was down to me and another woman. She told me that I had a "larger than life" personality (in a good way) and that I was perfect for the job, had great experience, and impeccable references, BUT she was afraid that I would not be able to commit for more than a year because I will move on to bigger and better things (such as grad school). BUMMER. However, she did say that she would love to have me as a substitute assistant if she needed one etc...

I still need a second job, so I put up another ad on craigslist and have two interviews this week for different nanny jobs... the one I really want that would work with my current nanny schedule with Cody would be helping a new Mom with her 6 month old twin babies! I am interviewing with her tomorrow... wish me luck! I am still swimming everyday while the weather is still nice out and even though summer is almost over, I am really looking forward to fall :) It is my favorite season... the changing leaves, chilly weather, hot apple cider, PUMPKINS.. AHHH. I will have to get used to swimming laps inside again! Will write more later :) Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. You should have people guess how much weight you will lost by your first year's anniversary of your surgery! (March 25?). My number is 125 pounds. You should put a section in on your blogs for names and pound guesses.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!