Friday, August 24, 2012

Strep Throat, But Another 2 pounds down :)

Hey there... sorry for the late post, I have been sick with strep throat the last week (YUCK) but am feeling much better now :) I hit a plateau last week (which is disappointing, but to be expected after such consistent weight loss for a few weeks), but THIS week I lost 2 pounds woohoo! It may also have helped that my throat was sore and I didn't each much besides soup this week, because it certainly wasn't the exercise! (I stayed out of the pool until today when I was feeling better).

Definitely time to swim inside for the season, today was certainly my last day swimming at the outdoor pool! It was chilly... refreshing, but too cold to enjoy swimming laps outside. I have been noticing some changes with food since my last fill now that it has been a few weeks as well... I have trouble eating anything with bread (such as a lean cuisine personal pizza)... it seems to sort of get "gummy" and almost hurts going down, so I am going to avoid foods like that! Not a big deal since I don't eat much with bread these days anyway. I went for a bike ride the other day and was totally spent after a mere 30 minutes and my butt was super sore... My Dad (an avid biker) says if I keep it up I will be able to go longer and my ass won't hurt as much so I am going to try to work a bike ride in a few times a week! I think I have mentioned this before, but one of my goals is to do a triathlon with my Dad in the future. I definitely have the swimming/walking(jogging?) down, but need to work on biking.

I love my new second job with the twin 6 month old babies (though I was not able to see them this week bc of my strep throat), but I am not sure that I will be able to keep it too much longer :/ I say this because when I was hired, the Mom told me she would for sure use me at least 2 days a week (about 10 hours), sometimes 3, and now it seems as though she is only going to need me 1 day a week because her Mother-in-law is helping her out more now :( 1 day a week is not really going to help me pay the bills, so I may be looking for another job.

I am almost ready to turn in my graduate school application which is exciting :) I am fine tuning my essay this weekend, then sending my essay to those that are writing me recommendation letters... once all of that is done I am ready to hit send! Cody (the boy I nanny) just started 6th grade at a new middle school and seems to really like it (though has been struggling with all of the change scenery, teachers, and new friends). I think this will be a great year for him, and hopefully this school can give him the academic help that he needs! I will write more later... have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!!