Monday, May 21, 2012

AWESOME Weekend :)

What a whirlwind of a week/weekend! I was a busy bee working both jobs all week and nannying overnight, but all the hard work paid off :) I had a blast at the concert at Red Rocks with Keren on Friday night (even managed to get in a swim class before too!) and we danced our butts off for a solid four hours before calling it a night... My legs are still sore from it! It is the most amazing live music venue I have ever been to because it is outside literally embedded in beautiful ancient rocks, but it is quite a hike to get to the venue, your seat, and up and down to and from the bathroom etc... Great workout which was good because I didn't have much of a chance to go to swim classes all last week because of work.

Another high note is that my clothes are starting to NOT fit because they are too BIG!! It was exciting to go to Maurice's and buy a pair of jeans, shorts, and capris to tide me over for another twenty pounds. When I started my journey, I was on the larger side of a size 26 and now I am fitting into size 22. WOOHOO. I have been doing much better about tracking my protein intake etc... by using MyFitnessPal (a great online site to diet journal) and taking all my vitamins which feels good. I also recently bought Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii and just tried it out the other night... it is basically a latin dance fitness game which is super fun and boy was I sweaty/worn out after twenty minutes! I am still terrible at the actual technicality of the dance moves, but am working on it :)

Sunday I was able to get my shift at Mimi's covered and got to go to the Rockies VS Mariners game and see my boyfriend's cousin Blake Beavan pitch which was awesome. We had amazing seats, row 5 in a section right above third base! I have never sat so close at a baseball game and I had a blast. Steve and I were hoping to get to talk to his cousin or visit for a bit, but all we got was a wave while he was warming up. Blake was the starting pitcher for the Mariners game and did amazing... they won too! Very exciting all around except for the horrible sunburn I got by carelessly forgetting to reapply sunscreen throughout the day :(


Anyway, it is off to bed for me because I work at Mimi's tomorrow morning at 7:30am! Gnite all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!!