Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another 3lbs down and an Exciting Few Days Ahead :)

Hooray! I believe I finally broke through my little "plateau" I was having as when I weighed myself this morning I weighed 274lbs, 3 pounds down from last week :) I am happy to say the least! I am six pounds away from hitting the 50lbs lost mark which feels so great. I am excited because I am off this whole week from my nanny job and am going camping at Rocky Mountain National Park tomorrow with Keren, then going to see Bassnectar on Friday at Red Rocks! WOO... Very fun next few days ahead! It is pretty funny that I have lived in Colorado almost 6 years now and still haven't been to Rocky Mountain National Park... lol. We are planning on doing a fair amount of medium-hard and long hikes which will be challenging, but I know I can do it! I am very lucky that Keren is so patient with me and helps motivate me along (she is in great shape and hikes almost everyday).

I have an AWESOME sleeping bag at home in TX that I used back when I was a camp counselor, however my Dad has sort have claimed it as his own because he uses it when he goes on overnight bicycling trips... needless to say I wasn't getting it back anytime soon :) Therefore, I bought a new sleeping bag this last weekend because sports authority was having a big camping sale. It was pretty funny because I was literally "trying on" sleeping bags in the middle of the store to make sure I fit! I found one that is the perfect size AND purple which is pretty cool if you ask me.

I spent all day today deep cleaning my apartment and doing laundry and am exhausted, but at least now my apartment is nice and clean. I also booked my trip to see my Grandparents in Florida and visit my parents and sister in Texas in late June/early July which will be awesome. Well it is late and I am pooped, so I will write more when I get back from camping :) Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you! Keep up the good work. Remember, it isn't about how you look but how you feel! I am sure that being down almost 50 lbs that you are beginning to feel better, have more energy not to mention just being more healthy. Call Michael and me when you get back to Texas if you have the time. We will treat you to a Taco Salad! Love you!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks Kathy :) I believe i am coming home early July! Will you be around?

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!