Thursday, May 3, 2012

Got My First Fill :)

Today I went to my doc and got my first fill of saline in my band... it really wasn't bad at all! I was super afraid of it hurting badly because it is a big scary looking needle, but surprisingly it didn't hurt a bit. It just felt super weird when my doc was poking around to find the port and then a weird pressure after the saline was injected. My doc put in 5cc of saline today and told me I was doing great... he said he doesn't expect patients to lose any weight before their first fill and was impressed by my success. He also told me all the weight I have lost up until now has been totally on my own, because the band wasn't doing anything yet. Makes me feel really good :) I am now on a liquid/pureed diet for today and tomorrow, then a soft diet for Saturday and Sunday, then back to normal on Monday. I don't really feel any different yet, but thats because I haven't ingested anything but a liquid protein shake since the fill. I am excited to see how the band will make a difference in curbing my hunger/making me feel full more quickly.

Keren and I didn't end up going to the museum before my appointment today because we didn't want to be rushed through the exhibit... we are going to go tomorrow instead. It is a gorgeous day out and I am nannying right now, then will be off to swim class at 8pm. Will be enjoying my day at the museum tomorrow because I work all weekend at Mimi's. Have a great Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds as if you are doing it all correctly. Keep up the good work!Maybe we'll think about a 2013 cruise. You enjoyed the last one.XX00.Granny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love you Grandma Paula :)

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!