Sunday, April 5, 2015

Holding fuzzy Baby Chickens, Delicious Meatloaf, and Relief:)

Hey there!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday (and Easter if you celebrate!). Today was mostly spent slaving over finishing my 13 page paper, but I had a wonderful break hanging out with my friend Morgan and holding her new fuzzy baby chickens! They were fuzzy and totally adorable and I may or may not have  tried to walk out with one ;) Enough craziness here without adding in baby chickens, but very cool to have a friend who is raising some for eggs/as pets.



 Holding Baby Fuzzy Chickens!!

I went on a nice evening walk tonight in my neighborhood before dinner and wore my new regular size  women's XL workout gear from Old Navy which made me feel great. I walked for 2.69 miles and my pace is fastest it has been since surgery (about 18 minutes and 20 seconds a mile) which was nice. 
New workout gear!

Nice early evening walk

So I am not officially supposed to start my pureed diet until tomorrow, but I started early tonight by having my fiancĂ© Steve make his amazing home made meatloaf. He was really sweet and put everything in the food processor before cooking it so that it would be nice and small pieces that would go down easily for me. It was the most amazing thing I have eaten since surgery… I took my time, chewed everything very carefully and fully, and was able to eat 2.5oz in about 25 minutes then stopped. And, I actually felt really full (but not too full!) I got a nice food scale before surgery and it has been really useful with making sure I weigh out between 2 to 4oz for right now to make sure I keep my portions down and don't overdo it. Totally amazing to eat this little and be this sated and full. I am loving this as I have struggled with feeling full even with the lap band at times…this is a very good sign going forward! 


Sorry for the TMI again but I posted a few days ago that I was struggling with being backed up and not having a real BM since surgery which was frustrating. Because I am also posting for others with bariatric surgery I wanted to put it out there that Miralax is a lifesaver. I started using it a few days ago and the problem has been resolving and I feel much better. I am hoping for a better weigh in from this tomorrow!

The family I nanny for gets back into town tomorrow night, so I have one more day off work tomorrow that I will use to go on a nice long walk and get started on the many many upcoming assignments I have due for graduate school. I am looking forward to now being on a soft pureed diet officially because it now means I can eat greek yogurt and meat… YAY for real food!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Warmly
Caroline

3 comments:

  1. Food scales are great, however just remember that they measure weight and not volume which is how your tummy interprets food. If you measure out 2.5 ounces and it looks too large, it might just be too much. Measuring is great, it's just something to keep in mind that weight and volume don't ALWAYS equate to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used probiotics and still do whenever my systems seems to have slowed.
    Dee
    KajunGumbo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deal. You should change your scale icon as well to reflect, drum roll please.....

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!