Monday, April 27, 2015

Tonsils from HELL, New Swimsuit, and Mid-Week Weigh In!

Hey there,
I apologize for being MIA most of last week, I had strep throat for the THIRD freaking time since January :( I have always had huge tonsils and have needed to get them removed for a number of years now, but with grad school have had a hard time finding the time to do so. I got strep on Monday night, then it continued to get worse because they gave a me a Z-pack antibiotic which I have apparently used so many times this year it was no longer effective :(. On thursday, I went back to the doc and got a steroid shot in the bum and and some penicillin and began to feel much better one day later. It was a rough week, but nurse doggy Lola took good care of me :).
Nurse Lola taking care of her human

I have an appointment with an ENT doctor on tuesday and will hopefully be able to schedule a tonsillectomy for this summer before the wedding so I don't have to deal with strep ever again!

I have loved being back in the pool, but as I mentioned in my last post, finding a comfortable athletic swimsuit that fit was a challenge (and I HATE ordering clothes/swimsuits online because you never know how they will fit). On Saturday I was feeling much better and decided to take a break from working on final papers for school to go check out some suits. I went to sports authority and to my chagrin, I found two beautiful size 16/18 TYR suits that fit me perfectly!! I have not been able to buy a speedo-esque "real" athletic suit without having to go to a specialty or plus size store since I was probably 19 years old… I was so happy I cried in the dressing room :) I chose this cool blue and tie-dye one and took it for a spin in the pool immediately after. I swam for 55 minutes and it was the most comfortable I have been swimming laps (without having to pull up my suit in the bust area or adjust it every lap or so) in forever. It was a pretty penny ($79!!), but totally worth it. 
Size 16/18 TYR!! LOVE IT!

Horrible picture of me because I was crying and a hot mess, but here is me in the suit!

I was also really pleased and surprised to see that Sports Authority now offers extended sizes in stores (1x through 4x) for all kinds of athletic stuff such as hiking clothes, yoga clothes, etc. This is a much needed and welcomed change because it can be so frustrating to have to specialty order these things online and guess sizing and pay more etc. Way to go Sports Authority!

I didn't get around to posting a weigh in last week because I was super sick with strep and tired/lazy (but STILL having to do schoolwork etc.), so here is my delayed weigh in from this last wednesday… 265.4lbs! Woohoo. I was definitely happy with that. 
Down 4lbs! Woohoo

I should have weighed myself this morning, but per my usual problem lately, I woke up late running out the door to work and did not have time. I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning which I look forward to because I did not have much of an appetite with strep last week and have been swimming and walking. 

I am truly feeling the grind (especially being sick all last week) and am counting down the days until the end of the semester in 2 weeks… I spent all day yesterday filming more family technique final sessions with my group from class then had to do/film myself conducting play therapy with a three year old which was fun, but I was gone on a sunday from 8am to 9pm which isn't much of a break or weekend! I have two papers due tomorrow at midnight, another due thursday at midnight, another two next monday by 6pm, and one last one next thursday by midnight. Needless to say I will be burning the candle at both ends and pulling my hair out until the end of next week. Wish me luck on all the papers and my weigh in tomorrow, I hope you all have a good start to your week!

Warmly
Caroline 


5 comments:

  1. That really sucks about being sick, but awesome news about the bathing suit and weight loss. The picture is beautiful because it shows an important real moment. Bathing suit looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better. I hate to tell you though, having your tonsils removed won't prevent strep, you can still get it, it's just much less likely. You can't get tonsilitis anymore though. I had my tonsils removed at 16 and have been VERY healthy since. I consider my tonsillectomy as good for my health as my WLS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new swimsuit! It looks great on you! I am so proud of you for all your hard work and all that you are accomplishing. Keep up the good work!

    Hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!