Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Weekly Weigh In

Hooray! Did my weekly weigh in this morning and was delighted to see 262.6lbs on the scale :) The scale is finally moving along at a steady pace to match my efforts and it is a great feeling!
WOOHOO! 3 pounds down from last Wednesday

I have really wanted to go for a walk around Sloan's Lake (the 2 and a half mile loop I frequent at work) yesterday and today with the kiddo I nanny for, but he has a severe stomach virus so the parents have asked that I keep him at home. Been really frustrating to have to be at work when the baby is sick because I can't afford (time or money) to get sick again, but the parents are going through a lot of transitions with moving to a new house next week and the Mom switching jobs. Since I took two days off last week for strep, they really need me this week and have assured me that it is difficult to pass this virus from a baby to an adult, but regardless I have been super careful, washed my hands a million times, and avoided kisses and close snuggles. 

Unfortunately my day today is nuts (work from 8am to 1pm, then ENT doc appointment, then honor society meeting, then class until 930pm) so I will not be able to swim or walk today :(. I will have time tomorrow after work to go swim for an hour so look forward to that. 

Have a great week!

Warmly
Caroline

7 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline! I just found your blog. You can find mine at amandakiska@blogspot.com if you're so inclined.

    I was banded in 2010 and have lost 130 lbs., which I have maintained for about four years. The band has worked well for me, but I did have a slip which was repaired in February and then it immediately slipped again. So I don't know what will be in my future for WLS. I was turned down for the sleeve at the original revision so maybe they'll just take it out. Right now I am in limbo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Huge congrats on losing 130lbs and for maintaining it for 4 years… that is HUGE accomplishment! Sorry to hear about the slippage, that is a bummer :/ If you ever need to talk to someone who has had the revision or questions about it let me know! Going to check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  2. Well done on progress. Don't sweat a day off on exercise. I took off yesterday as well. It's a good way to charge the body batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! I hope you don't get sick! load up on vitamins!!! when I was a nanny, if the kids got sick, I did too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it Hollee! I usually get sick as well when the kiddo gets sick. I actually took today off and told them I wasn't going to come back until kiddo has been throw up and fever free for 24 hours because I have waaaay to much at stake (last 2 weeks of grad school coursework!)

      Delete
  4. Keep blogging! Do you have a WLS Instagram? if so, add me... bandtovsg_hollee

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!