Friday, April 3, 2015

Incision soreness, Senioritis, Wedding planning, and Matzo Balls!

Hey there!
Hope everyone had a great week thus far. So on wednesday when I walked farther than I had since surgery, I ended up taking my little dachshund doggie Lola on a walk when I got home from work. I ended up getting lost in my own neighborhood (we just moved here in January) and walked an additional mile and a half or so! Lola was pooped and so was I, and when I woke up the next day I noticed that I was incredibly sore on my right side incision and my stomach hurt a lot. The pain was pretty severe and I called my doc and was able to speak to the nurse there who told me it could be a number of things… I may have overdid it with the exercise, lifted the baby I nanny for too soon, or eaten too quickly. Either way, she told me to take it easy for a day or two which is what I have done.

This is my last semester of course work in graduate school before I do practicum (being a supervised therapist on campus for a semester), then internship (being a supervised therapist for free somewhere in the real world), and then graduate with my masters, and I have a serious case of senioritis! I have about a month left before summer and it has been really hard to focus on the many many assignments I have due when I am so excited about recovering, working out, losing weight, and planning my upcoming wedding! Today my fiancĂ© and I met with out florist and bought his wedding band which was really exciting. I can't wait until I can devote all of my time to pinterest and planning every detail of my upcoming August Wedding, but  I have a 13 page paper that is due sunday at midnight that needs to get finished :(. I just need to be patient and budget my time between everything but realize that recovering and finishing this semester (and hopefully maintaining my 4.0) is my number one priority right now.


Tonight was the first night of passover and I celebrated it with my best friend and her brother, his wife, and their two kiddos. I wasn't able to eat much because still technically on full liquids, but definitely offered to make and bring the matzo ball soup which was sheer heaven. My doctor has told me to avoid booze until my wedding, but I had sips of wine for the seder when required and did just fine.
                                                     Matzoball soup is good for the soul!

I am definitely planning on getting some good walks in this weekend (but not overdoing it) in between catching up on the crazy amount of assignments I have due for school, and look forward to weighing in on monday. I am also looking forward to my first post-op appointment with my bariatric doctor on wednesday. I hope you all have a great weekend celebrating Passover, Easter, Spring or whatever!

Warmly
Caroline

5 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm tired just reading your post! I am first hot home from being sleeved, I would walk 3x , morn noon & eve. By time I was 6 week I was able to do 2 long walks. Your doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks @KajunDee ! I appreciate it :) I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with KajunDee. You have such a full plate with everything you have going on. Hopefully resting a few days will help with the pain. Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding and your journey with the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey New Sleeve Girl,
    Welcome to the rest of your life with your new tiny tummy. There are a bunch of us Sleevers so reach out with questions, frustrations, and successes.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!