Monday, April 16, 2012

Another 3lbs Down :)

Woohoo! So because I won't have access to my scale tomorrow (because I am nannying 24/7 this week), I decided to weigh myself this morning instead. The scale read 291... hallelujah! I was really getting concerned and sort of had a break down on Friday morning when I stood on the scale and it still said 294! I cried a little because of how frustrated I was because I have been dieting and working out so vigilantly. However, my best friend Keren suggested I "jump" my metabolism by eating a bit more than usual one day. So I took her advice and ate about 1400 calories on Friday instead of just 1000. The rest of the weekend I kept to 1000 and I even took Saturday off from exercising... and VOILA! Three pounds down by Monday morning. Amazing! Hopefully I am over the little "starvation mode"/birth control water weight hump now.

My incision site is still really angry and infected, but I am just continuing to cover it with gauze and take the antibiotics. I am super bummed I won't be able to swim for another two weeks, but walking again is't the end of the world. Well I am off to help Cody finish his homework for tonight, will write more later!

1 comment:

  1. I think your blog looks really good and professional! Well done! And BTW -- don't worry too much about how fast the weight comes off. Even when the body goes into "starvation" mode it can't stay there for long. Eventually "it" gives up and the weight comes off. NO one in a POW camp ever gained weight. You are doing great. A week at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!