Monday, April 30, 2012

Long Weekend, Best Friends Birthday AND Another 4 Pounds Down!

This was a CRAZY weekend for me... I worked my first "real" weekend morning shift at Mimi's cafe on Saturday from 8am until 3:45pm, then worked again on Sunday from 8am until 4pm. Needless to say, I was absolutely exhausted and crazy tired. Saturday was really horrible and I had a group of very stuck up ladies complain about me to my manager because I didn't ring in the 99 cent off deal for the soup and salad... Once they pointed that out on the receipt to me I apologized and fixed it right away but they claimed I had a "bad attitude" about fixing it or something...they made such a fuss instead of just talking to me about it that my manager comped their whole ticket which was 141 bucks! It was so frustrating because I am super nice to all of the customers and generally pride myself on my positive upbeat attitude and I literally kissed their asses the whole time I waited on them. It didn't make any sense and really hurt my feelings... I ended up bursting into tears which was embarrassing (I was already having sort of a bad day because I got yelled at for a mistake by a cook etc...). I also received zero tip for that table which was a bummer :( Luckily, I have the best manager ever and he sat me down and told me everything was going to be OK and that he wasn't upset with me (and that those ladies were spoiled bitches!). I was so relieved he was so understanding!

Sunday was much much better though, I had a great bunch of customers and some really nice tips and people... definitely helps and makes the shift go by faster! I am still not quite used to being on my feet all day so they have been KILLING me after such long shifts, but I bought myself a little home foot spa last night and soaked my piggies in epsom salt which was heaven. I was wondering how many calories I potentially burned waitressing for that many hours and according to three different calorie calculators, even if I was waiting tables at a slow pace (which I wasn't!) I apparently burned about 3,300 calories in 6 and a half hours! That is totally nuts, but I believe it because I hopped on the scale just now and it reads 283.4 :) That is four pounds down from last tuesday which is great. I was going to post my new weigh in tomorrow morning, but I am working a super long day (7:30am to 2:45pm at Mimi's, then Nannying right after) so I figured I'd post it now.

Today was my best friend Keren's birthday and we had a blast despite ALL of our plans falling through... We planned on going to the Denver Art Museum to see a Yves Saint Lauren exhibit, but alas they are closed on Mondays (which we did not realize until we were already there!) So instead we walked around Denver for a bit then decided on getting cocktails somewhere. I don't normally drink frozen drinks or really even alcohol anymore because of the empty calories, but what the hell! It was my bestie's birthday and I worked my ass off this weekend. We then decided to go see an IMAX at the Denver Museum of Science about the Artic, but of course the last showing of that particular movie was right when we decided to go. Ultimately, we just ended up hanging out at her place watching bad tv and enjoying ourselves. I had a great day, but definitely ate way past my calorie budget today which is hard to not feel guilt ridden :/ However, I did not overeat at all this week and managed to stay in my calorie budget and exercise and/or waitress everyday, so I can't be too hard on myself! That was my treat for the week and tomorrow back on track.

Tonight is my last dose of antibiotics for my infection (which seems to have healed up) and I am scheduled for my first saline fill in my band (which will make it tighter and more restricting) on Thursday which is exciting and also a little scary because they they put it in through a giant needle through my port near my stomach... Luckily Keren said she will come with me to hold my hand if it hurts/I am scared which is nice :) We are going to try to actually catch the art exhibit earlier in Denver that day too before the appointment! I also just joined a neat forum called LapBandTalk which is a forum/chat for people who have had lapband, thinking about getting lapband, or are pre-surgery. It is actually pretty neat because I have been able to help answer questions/concerns for some people who are pre surgery as well as share and compare my current experiences with lapband and weight loss with others going through the same thing.

Anyway, I am super tired and must get to sleep for my super early shift at Mimi's... sorry for the long post, I had alot to catch up on! More later :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline, just found you blog today and I'm excited to hear about progress. My surgery is scheduled for the 21st, so I'll be following along looking for tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great Colleen! Glad you found my blog... good luck with your surgery and feel free to email me (there is a link to do so on the right hand column of my blog) with any questions or if you would like support :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries about going over 1 out of 30 days. Great job so far. Just focus on the end and visualize that every day and you will get there!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!