Thursday, April 12, 2012

Little Hiccup

Owch.... my port site (the little sensor they inserted under the muscle wall next to my stomach which they will put saline into) is infected from the inside :( I noticed that it was really bothersome and tender all day yesterday, and then after I went to swim class, it was really red, angry, and hurty. I called my doc and he said to come in today and the nurse checked it out and determined it is indeed infected. They prescribed me some antibiotics and said it should be better in a week.

On the bright side, it felt AMAZING to be back in the water! I went to class last night and tonight and feel great :) SOO much better than walking on the treadmill. Besides, those new sneakers I bought gave me even worse blisters than my old sneakers despite having inserts in them. I returned those suckers and bought some super wide sneakers which I will try in a few days. I went back to the chiropractor for the first time since surgery also which was really nice... My chiro said he could already notice the difference in my weight :)

I went to Mimi's Cafe yesterday to see if I can pick up a few morning and weekend shifts because I have worked there before in TX and CO.... the manager was busy when I came in but told me he would call me. He called me this afternoon and I am going back in tomorrow to talk to him...Wish me luck! It would be nice to have a little extra cash and be busy on my feet when I am not nannying. Dressed up a little when I went into Mimi's so I took a photo :)

Well I am POOPED from swim class and am going to turn in early for the night... I will post more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!!