Friday, April 27, 2012

Caroline VS Hunger... a constant battle

So that nice "Wow I feel super full!" after eating only about 800-1000 calories a day is WAY over... I guess it is apparently normal to feel that way for a week or two after surgery, but then it doesn't last. I am STARVING... my hunger is back in full force and I feel like I want to raid a bakery multiple times a day. It is such a horrible feeling to constantly fight. The nurse at my bariatric clinic said this is totally normal because I haven't "turned on" my lap band by having a fill yet to make it tighter. I was supposed to have my first fill this past Thursday but because I am still on antibiotics, they are making me wait one more week :( Even then I will still be hungry because they only put about 1cc of saline in at a time and it really takes 4 or 5 fills to feel the fullness after only one cup of food per meal. SIGH. I will eventually get there.

I am really proud of myself though because despite the constant hunger/urge to eat more than 1000-1400 calories a day, I have done a really great job of staying within my limit. I don't completely deprive myself and give myself little "treats" every once and a while such as a little ice cream and what not, just as long as I stay in my calorie budget. It is freaking hard though! However, my will power is stronger than ever and I love seeing the results of my hard work each week. I will never again let food have power over me because I am a strong and getting stronger each and every day. I am finally beginning to seriously feel in control of my eating habits for the first time in years.

I went to a noon swim class today which was fun and then nannied Cody for the afternoon where we played outside because it was a gorgeous day. I kept it super low key tonight because tomorrow I have my first real super long morning shift at Mimi's at 9am which is going to be CRAZY busy and packed but I will get a great workout and hopefully some great tips too! Hopefully I will survive :D Goodnight bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!!