Monday, April 2, 2012

Really Proud of Myself Today :)

So I have been walking farther and farther everyday and yesterday I walked 6 blocks... I know this doesn't sound like much, but considering that I was doubled over just walking to the mailbox less than a week ago feels pretty good! It didn't hurt that it was a gorgeous day and I walked at sunset :) Today, however was absolutely disgusting out; cold, rainy, windy, BLAH. It was also my first day back to work since surgery. I only ended up working from 3:30-5:30 which was nice, but I was thinking about skipping walking because it was just so nasty out. BUT I bit the bullet and drove straight from work to the gym and ended up walking on the treadmill for 20 min at 2.7mph, burning 137 calories :) I probably could have walked more because I really wasn't tired (though I worked up a little sweat), but I really didn't have the proper shoes on (I had on boots because I had come straight from work). Even so, 20 minutes is a fabulous start to exercising again. I am really proud of myself that I didn't just skip walking because it was yucky outside... it all starts with self-discipline! 137 calories also doesn't sound like much but considering I am only able to eat about 500-600 calories a day right now (because I feel so full/just had surgery), thats pretty damn good!

My stitches have been really itchy and bothering me, and today the suture strips on two incision sites fell off. Can't wait until they all fully heal in a week or so so I can jump back in the pool! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind walking for exercise, but there is nothing like swimming where I am fighting buoyancy instead of gravity :) Well I am going to go try to find the newest episode of Madmen online somewhere (I don't have cable) and hit the hay early, but I will post more soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!!