Friday, April 20, 2012

Possibilities AND already another 2 lbs down :)

WOOHOO... So I know I really should only weigh myself once a week, but I couldn't help myself...I was nervous/scared that because I didn't exercise all week (bc I was working around the clock) that I wasn't going to lose any weight. Thankfully I was wrong :) I am 289, and that is in the middle of the day after I have eaten! Yay, another 2 lbs down already this week. Very exciting. My doc called to check on my infected incision (which is looking better) and prescribed me some more antibiotics to take for another week just to be sure. I am scheduled for my first fill this next thursday as long as my infection is gone by then!

I have been thinking about going to graduate school for Mental Health Counseling for a while now, but was sort of putting off writing my entrance essays etc... However, I talked to my best friend for quite some time today as well as an advisor from CU Denver, and I am going to get on top of it! I have until September 15th to apply for the Spring semester starting in January 2013. This is really exciting... even though my GPA isn't the best in the world, I did really stellar on my GRE test back in December and am pretty good at writing papers. I have decided here and now that I am going to start seriously work on getting everything I need together to apply very soon.

Mimi's has been great and today I actually got to wait some tables towards the end of my training shift and make a little bit of money which was nice. My feet are still killing me though! I love being busy and moving around so much though, clearly it has already paid off!

On another note, I am seriously considering quitting my nanny job and working full time at Mimi's until I apply/find out if I get into graduate school. I love the boy I nanny for, but am having a really hard time dealing with the stress of a hoarded filthy house all the time and the fact that the boy has learning disabilities that aren't being addressed or helped by his Mother or school in any way. Cody is a very creative and bright boy, but he is in 5th grade and still cannot put a paragraph together and does not know how to use punctuation. This really scares me and his Mother's response is "He will figure it out eventually". He goes to a charter school which doesn't have the funding/resources for extra help for Cody, so they just keep coasting him grade to grade and his Mom won't switch him to a public school or pay for him to have tutoring. His Mom does not do any homework with him or check his project schedule and she leaves it all for me at the last minute. She has even asked me multiple times to just basically "do" his projects for him which is absurd. I won't do that and I don't agree with it at all... He had a very simple project the other night where all he had to do was look up 15 facts on Jesse James the American west outlaw in google and cite the source. He could even just copy and paste, yet this was somehow too much for him. He threw his laptop across the room and had a total fit and said "I don't care if I fail". He is so lazy and gives up so easily because he has always had everything done for him. This kills me and his Mother sees absolutely no problem with it... It makes me so sad to see him struggle with such simple tasks everyday. Cody also still sleeps in his Mother's room (in a separate bed) which I find incredibly creepy and bizarre. He has his own room and is 11 years old and going through puberty very early... He needs his own space!! The house is hoarded/a disaster, and I can't really get a raise even though I have been with them for almost 2 years now. It is really difficult because I care about Cody and his mother immensely, but I am too attached to Cody to deal with the stress of him not getting the help he needs and his Mother is too delusional to change her way of thinking and deal with it. I will always love Cody and I will visit him often if/when I leave, but this environment is no longer a healthy one for me to be in everyday. I care about Cody too much to see such neglect in his education from his own Mother. And it's not that his mother hasn't been good to me, she has been a good employer and a caring friend, but I just don't agree with the way she is raising her son and no longer wish to be so stressed out all the time/involved in the overall situation.

Many things to think about. Anyway, unfortunately my best friend's Great Aunt just passed away so I am going to go console her and be with her for the rest of the day. That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on the weight loss!! Thanks for the shout-out... my family is doing fine although Aunt Irene will be dearly missed.

    <3 Keren

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!