Friday, April 6, 2012

Blisters are a BITCH :(

So as I wrote on wednesday, I got HUGE blisters all over the bottom of my feet and non-existent arch (I have flat feet). They were so painful that I decided to puncture them, then clean and bandage them to heal faster. Because of this, I was not able to walk yesterday :( It is amazing how guilty you can feel after one day of not walking because I have been on such a roll! Oh well :( Today I was proactive and went to a special running shoe store and got $40 "Super Feet" inserts for my sneakers that feel MUCH better on my flat wide feet than the insoles that came in my sneakers. I also got special socks that don't retain moisture so  it helps prevent blisters. I am going to try to walk at least a little bit today in my neighborhood because it is such a nice day out, but my blisters are still inflamed and not healed so it won't be easy. BUMMER/OWCH..


On a happier note, yesterday I got a surprise delivery of a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my cousins Meri, Kimberly, and Sarah which was incredibly thoughtful and generous... aren't they pretty?! I have such a great family :) And yes, that is a curious kitty in the background.

Tomorrow is Passover and I am going to a Seder in Denver at my cousin's friend's house which should be nice. I am bringing mashed potatoes because that is really all I can eat right now at a dinner like that! I am still anxiously checking the Israel Experts webpage everyday to see if I have made a trip to Israel this summer. For those of you who don't know, I applied to something called "Birthright Israel" which offers a free 10 day trip to Israel for Jews ages 18-16 that have never been to Israel before. I have applied in the past and been waitlisted, but this year I signed up early with a special promotional code and think I have a really good chance of making a trip! The trip I want to go on will be in July, so it will be HOT HOT HOT and all the more inspiration to lose as much weight as possible before I go so that I am not totally miserable. It is a chance of a lifetime... I will get to hike Massada, swim in the Dead Sea, visit the Wailing Wall, camp in the desert... and so much more with a huge group my age. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I should find out in another week or so!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, Passover, Easter, or whatever you choose to celebrate or not.  Apparently Obama sent America a happy Passover message and is having an official White House Seder! GO OBAMA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!!