Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Busy Busy Bee

PHEW. This week I have been busier than I have been in a very long time... I have had to sleep at the house where I nanny since Monday (because the Mother is out of town) and training at Mimi's which has been super hectic! Basically I wake up at 6:25am, take Cody to school at 7:45am, then rush off to Mimi's to train from 8:15am until 2:45pm, then pick Cody up again and help him with his homework, make dinner, etc... I cannot express how tired I am! I unfortunately have had a hard time getting all of my calcium and liquids because I am so crunched for time and busy. I also have not had time (nor the energy) to exercise on the treadmill either because I can't drag the kiddo I nanny to the gym after school. Luckily, this is a unique week and it won't be so crazy like this in the upcoming weeks/ I will only be working weekend shifts and possibly one or two night shifts at Mimi's a week.

Training at Mimi's has been great because I remember almost everything since the last time I worked there in 2007 and have been breezing right through training. I really like this location and the staff, managers, and my trainer are all very nice :) I forgot what it feels like to be on your feet all day! Even with inserts and nice non-slip meant for waitressing shoes, my feet are killing me. I need to soak them in some epsom salt as my Grandma pointed out. Soon enough I will build a tolerance however and my feet won't hurt as much anymore. It was kind of cool because my trainer on tuesday told me she had gastric bypass ten years ago and she looks amazing. She is probably only about 5'4 and she said she weighed over 400lbs!! She is now probably about 140lbs and looks great and has kept it off for 8 years.

I always so exhausted after a shift at Mimi's so I did some research online and apparently waitressing can help you burn quite a few calories when you are busy... awesome! It has been really hard to resist temptation at work though because when you train, you are allowed 3 free menu items each day. Everything on the menu that I would LIKE to eat is easily 1000-2000 calories, so that isn't really an option for me. I have mostly chosen grilled chicken and fruit, but I did treat myself today for all my hard work with a mini-apple crisp minus the ice cream :). Well I am off to snooze for a few hours before another crazy day begins... goodnight all!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't I see a log in the upper left last time that said best little blog?
    Super effort to stay on the straight and narrow. Remember they haven't even turned on the lapband yet.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment!!